Draft Lifting of Urban Deferment Guidelines (1069.42 KB)
Submission form (104.88 KB)
Call for public submissions
The WAPC’s Guidelines for the Lifting of Urban Deferment specify the requirements to be met before the WAPC will agree to land being transferred from urban deferred to the urban zone in a region planning scheme.
The WAPC has endorsed a draft update to the November 2007 Guidelines for public comment. The key changes include:
- References inserted to the Peel Region Scheme; Greater Bunbury Region Scheme; and the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015
- Updated text on environmental requirements
- New section on hazard and risk
- New reference to fill requirements, including potential sources and transport implications
‘Urban deferred’ zoning is provided for in each of the operative region planning schemes. It is used to reflect a medium or long term planning intention to urbanise land but is currently subject to sequencing, servicing and/ or environmental or other constraints or issues.
The relevant clauses of the respective region scheme texts specify that ‘lifting’ of urban deferred to urban zoning requires a resolution of the WAPC. The ‘lifting’ of urban deferred to urban zoning is not a formal region scheme amendment.
Making a submission
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 29 September 2017.
If you would like to make a submission please provide your feedback using the online feedback form below or the submission form (available for download above).
- with The Secretary, Western Australian Planning Commission, Locked Bag 2506, Perth WA 6001;
- or in person at the above WAPC address,
on or before 5 pm Friday 29 September 2017.
Late submissions will not be considered.