Planning Bulletin 111/2016 Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas (PB 111/2016) supersedes the previous Planning Bulletin PB 111/2015.
PB 111/2016 provides guidance to assist with the interpretation and implementation of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015, State Planning Policy 3.7; Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas (SPP 3.7) and the Guidelines for Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas.
The revised Planning Bulletin clarifies:
- when SPP 3.7 should apply to proposals for habitable buildings or uses;
- when SPP 3.7 should apply to renovations, alterations, extensions, improvements or repairs of habitable buildings;
- when SPP 3.7 should apply to subdivision applications;
- the requirements applicable to subdivision and development applications assessed against SPP 3.7; and
- the meaning of habitable buildings and development site for the purposes of applying the LPS Regulations to areas designated as bushfire prone.