The Western Australian Planning Commission is seeking comment on the draft revised State Planning Policy 5.2 - Telecommunications Infrastructure (SPP 5.2).
A survey conducted in July 2014 indicated that mobile data services were considered extremely important and the predominant concern amongst respondents was in regard to lack of coverage, especially in regional Western Australia. You can access the survey results above.
All comments received will be considered by the Commission prior to recommendations being provided to the Minister for Planning.
Please note that all submissions will be published on the Department of Planning’s website unless confidentiality is requested in the submission.
When making a submission, it is very helpful to:
- include the section or page number which relates to your area of interest;
- clearly state your opinion and the reasons for your opinion;
- outline alternatives or solutions to your area of interest; and
- provide any additional information to support your comments.
Submissions should be made:
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by post to Telecommunications Infrastructure, Department of Planning, Locked Bag 2506, Perth WA 6001
The closing date for submissions on the draft State Planning Policy 5.2 - Telecommunications Infrastructure is 5pm Friday, 19 December 2014.
For more information please contact the Telecommunications Policy Officer on (08) 6551 9323.
We look forward to receiving your comments.