A high resolution copy is now available for download. Please note this is a large file and may take some time to download. We suggest saving this publication to your computer and opening it in a PDF viewer.
Alternatively, this publication is available for download in parts at a lower resolution below.
Draft North-West sub-regional planning framework (7769.13 KB)
The North-West sub-region comprises the cities of Joondalup and Wanneroo and covers approximately 785 square kilometres.
The draft framework considers where future homes and jobs will be located; what community and social infrastructure will be required; better integrated use of existing infrastructure; protection of important environmental assets and critical services; and timelines for staging and sequencing of future development.
- the population will more than double from 322,486 (2011) to 740,318 (2050)
- there is sufficient urban and employment land to accommodate this growth
- an additional 168,793 dwellings will be required
- the area will need approximately 229,089 (2050) jobs, up from 80,566 (2011)
- economic self-sufficiently (living and working in the same sub-region) will increase to 62 per cent by 2050
- more than 55 per cent of the land in the sub-region is reserved parks and recreation or State forest.