A high resolution copy is now available for download. Please note this is a large file and may take some time to download. We suggest saving this publication to your computer and opening it in a PDF viewer.
Alternatively, this publication is available for download in parts at a lower resolution below.
The North-East sub-region comprises the City of Swan and the shires of Mundaring and Kalamunda and covers 2,010 square kilometres.
The draft framework considers where future homes and jobs will be located; what community and social infrastructure will be required; better integrated use of existing infrastructure; protection of important environmental assets and critical services; and staging and sequencing of future development.
- the population will more than double from 209,156 (2011) to 450,590 (2050)
- there is sufficient urban and employment land to accommodate this growth
- an additional 102,554 dwellings will be required
- the area will need approximately 187,986 (2050) jobs, up from 82,379 (2011)
- economic self-sufficiently (living and working in the same sub-region) will increase to 83 per cent by 2050
- 40 per cent of the land in the sub-region is reserved parks and recreation or State forest.