Swan Valley Development Plan (draft) (13896.71 KB)
Swan Valley Development Plan - Q & A (4721.71 KB)
The Department of Planning sought public comment on the draft Swan Valley Development Plan which has been prepared to guide future planning, development and land use in the Swan Valley.
The draft plan:
- provides greater protection for agricultural land
- encourages the development of tourism activities that support existing agricultural enterprises and complement the rural character of the area
- provides for the creation of ‘tourism nodes’ for a range of more intensive tourism activities
- supports the development of Herne Hill into a service centre for the area
- establishes a range of ‘tourism drives’ to promote access across the Swan Valley.
The draft plan is written in three parts:
- Part A sets out the future vision for the Swan Valley and the strategy for how that vision will be realised
- Part B sets out policy and control provisions relating to the natural environment, built environment and general development and land use
- Part C sets out the statutory controls applicable within the Swan Valley Development Plan area.
A copy of the draft Swan Valley Development Plan and further background information on the Development Plan are available above for download.
Copies were available for public inspection at:
- Department of Planning – 140 William Street, Perth
- City of Swan – 2 Midland Square, Midland
Submissions closed 31 January 2016.